- About Us
At Allure Medi Spa & Beauty Lounge we pride ourselves on our high level of personalised and customised service. We actively seek out and employ therapists that are 100% focused on clients health, wellbeing & happiness. As well as provide the Sunshine Coast with a beautiful spa & friendly therapists, we wish to do this in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
We have grown to become a genuine organic, and bio-dynamic beauty lounge focused on providing every client with a relaxing, professional and result driven treatment. 5 beautiful treatment areas including a couples/dual room and relaxation lounge, along with experienced and caring therapists allow us to provide the best customer service on the coast. Locally owned and operated, we are committed to helping the earth by stocking ranges that are environmentally focused and using methods such as wind farming, man power and offsetting carbon emissions.
We minimize all waste produced in the salon including using only biodegradable product containers. All use of electrical equipment is kept to a minimum to ensure our power output and carbon emissions are environmentally focused.
We are continually looking for ways to help the environment. We are committed to;
- Turning off all equipment when it's not being used. This can reduce the energy used by 25 percent; turning off the computers at the end of the day can save an additional 50 percent.
- Encourage communications by email, and read email messages onscreen to determine whether it's necessary to print them. If it’s not, don't! We also only use paper with the highest possible recyclable content.
- Produce double-sided documents whenever possible.
- Do not leave our tap dripping (One drop wasted per second wastes 10,000 liters per year.)
- A committed member of the Viro group. This is a VISA supported program that rewards businesses and individuals for offsetting carbon emissions used in each purchase. This is a free service to join and can be done so at Allure reception (very soon!).
- Choose suppliers who take back packaging for reuse or have biodegradable packaging. Instigate an ongoing search for "greener" products and services in our local community.
- The further our supplies or service providers have to travel, the more energy will be used to get them to us. All products that are sent have committed to a carbon emissions offset program.
- The use of washable hot cotton towels instead of disposable products such as fibrealla towels (which take 6-10weeks to bio-degrade in landfill)
- Use only recycled paper bags for all sales in salon (plastic takes 10-20years to photodegrade/breakdown!!)
- We are also committed to helping the water shortage by using hot towel cabbies for all treatments to remove the need for running and excess water.
- We choose to use only 100% natural and environmentally friendly cleaning products to ensure we have as little effect as possible on the environment.
- Use pencils where possible rather than pens which take 100+ years to breakdown
- Allure will reduce, reuse, and recycle within our business. We not only formalize our dedication to environmental awareness and accountability, but also actively commit to an ongoing process of continuous improvement.
As well as the environment, we do everythng possible to help surrport local community and animal welfare groups. All old salon towles are donated to animal welfare groups & we support all local fundraising groups where possible with vouchers, donations & products.
Where it all began
Allure Medi Spa & Beauty Lounge started in 2008 at the original location of Sunshine Plaza. Having worked in the beauty industry for 7years, Sarah not only recignised the need for an environmentally friendly salon, but also one that was committed to treating clients as loyal friends and not just another number, or dollar value.
Having worked in many areas if the beauty industry fom being an apprentice in Brisbane city, to a gorgeous 5star spa in Milton, travelling overseas with Dermalogica, working in beautiful coast resorts and then into small loyal salons that have been operating for 20+years, it was time to find her own path. Having trained beauty therapists, and managing large spas for the last 7 years, Sarah was confident in what the industry needed.
Being so passionate about the industry made Allure the perfect decision- a salon that is environmentally friendly, organic, believes in supporting the local community, employing only friendly, customer service driven team members..... And most importantly a friendly environment!
After the first 3 years the lease was finshed at Sunshine Plaza a more sustainable business location was needed- and what better than an old church! Built on duporth Avenue & Beach road around 1924 the building has a cool, calming presence and has been beautifully decorated with wallpaper & chandeliers.
With constantly updated menus of service and skincare products, Allure will provide the ultimate in relaxation & results! Come on in and mert our experienced team, we promise you will not be disappointed!
Take a trip to Hungary and treat your senses and your skin to an exotic skin care line that brings together high quality Hungarian ingredients with an old world knowledge of herbs and fruits. We are proud to offer you our complete professional line of European beauty essentials, which contain the highest possible levels of all natural organically grown herbs, fruits and vegetables, hand selected to guarantee their highest quality. You will truly see the difference with over 40 years of experience and extensive research having proven the effectiveness of these superior spa treatments.
Made from a unique combination of hand-picked fresh ingredients which are hand-mixed with pure waters drawn from a thermal hot spring lake containing minerals and trace elements found nowhere else on earth. All of our products are handmade in Budapest, Hungary -no mass production- without any heating or hydrogenating processes (this allows all natural and organic ingredients to keep their fantastic properties compared to those product ranges that use heating and hydrogenating process which result in the ingredients losing a large percentage of their ‘goodness’). Enjoy the range in knowing that Eminence is committed to helping the planet, using only wind powered machinery and offsetting all carbon emissions created.
See and feel the difference from the extremely high fruit content, and therefore, the high level of active ingredients. Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, offering dramatic results as actual seeds, pulps and peels begin the regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce.
Addressing a variety of skin concerns such as premature aging, sun damage, rosacea, and acne, loss of vitality, tone and radiance, the cures come from nature with ingredients that are good enough to eat! Let the aromas treat your senses and the ingredients impart healthy and beautiful skin. Come and experience what Hungarian beauties and international celebrities of all ages have known for over half a century – you can have beautiful skin and keep beautiful skin by having regular facials, maintaining a healthy diet and by using natural organic skin care.
Baiame Organic Skincare was a business conceived by a desire to provide a smarter range of products for the smarter consumers and manufacturers - those who want to live their lives without destroying the precious planet they live on, and those who have not been (or are no longer) fooled by a naive perception that naturally produced products are inadequate to their chemical or synthetic counterparts. What too many still don't realize is that the use of chemicals in products is not necessarily a case of them being "better", but cheaper for the companies who stand to profit. At what price to you do these companies make these profits? And at what cost to the planet?
Baiame uses primarily natural and organic materials, and has taken great care and time to create a business environment that is ecologically sound. It constantly looks for new ways to extend environmental science and technology to provide greener, healthier products, and offers many that are assessed and approved by the most respected ecological testing organizations in Australia. Using Australian native oils and plant extracts, this range is found exclusively at Allure Medi Spa and Beauty Lounge. Hand-picked and hand-mixed, each product contains pure Australian ingredients such as locally grown bamboo, lime blossom, tea tree and Bowen mangoes. These ingredients not only retain their natural potencies to heal, hydrate and regenerate the skin, but also feel and smell amazing. Come and experience what nature has provided for you.